Time2Talk: Managing Meetings & Making Minutes Matter
Australian businesses spend approximately $19 billion per year on meetings. Effective organisation’s will strategically plan for best practice meeting management to get a return on investment for the time spent. As a senior support professional, you have a significant role in creating and maintaining a performance-based meeting management culture. The need to engage and influence the right people to your meetings, set an agenda and follow up are critical business skills in today’s complex and busy workplace. This workshop builds on Leadership Skills for Executive Assistants and will equip you to take control of meetings and support your leaders in making them the best they can be for your organisation.
- Understand the benefits of creating and maintaining an effective meeting culture.
- Develop a clear direction on the need for an end to end process to secure business outcomes
- Have a checklist for what each meeting requirements may be: the size of group, venue, layout, schedule, invites etc.
- Gain strategies to engage and influence stakeholders to attend meetings.
- Effectively manage all stakeholders in the meeting process.
- Be able to effectively maximize what their leader gains from the meetings.
- Develop assertiveness skills to challenge and improve meeting management practices
- Have a template for best practice minute taking to get results.
- Practice and critique minute taking skills
- Be able to adapt writing style to the receiver.
- Have a plan to ensure outcomes are actioned
- Develop a plan for follow up of actions and execution.
- Be able to create linkages to previous meetings to ensure progression.
- Have a framework for providing feedback for poor meeting practices and follow up.
Who should attend?
Executive Assistants, Office Managers, Administration Assistants, Support Staff and Administrators.